So I am working with a professional photographer, Melissa Breedlove Photography, and as you will see below the pictures are so much better than what I was working with before (sorry Big Daddy). This has been an amazing partnership for me personally because I was able to hire one of my best friends for the job…and she came out of retirement for me! Plus, who doesn’t want to spend an hour to and hour and a half each month with someone who has an awesome laugh and even better perspective on life?
We are now entering our third week of summer break and so far we are loving it. Other than the rain last week things are pretty much going according to plan. I have managed to keep up with things around the house, cooking, writing my blog a week in advance, and all of the social things for the kids. This week is going to be by far our busiest because we have Vacation Bible School everyday and I am starting back with my trainer. If we get through this week in one piece it will be smooth sailing for the rest of the summer.
Now about the clothes… I found this skirt and top at Nordstromrack.com. I was a little nervous to buy it at first because this was right when I was losing a lot of weight and I was so unsure of my sizing. However I absolutely loved the skirt and felt like I needed to just chance it. Plus it was on mega sale so it was worth the risk.
If you haven’t shopped at Nordstrom Rack before here are a few things you should know.
- There is one located in the Riverwalk in New Orleans.
- There is opportunity to buy very high end brands but also affordable brands too.
- Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack and Haute Look are all owned by the same company.
- If you like a particular brand at Nordstrom chances are that they will have the same brands at Nordstrom Rack.
- Items go fast so if you see something you like put it in your cart and checkout.
- Shipping can take longer than you would expect so if you need something sooner than later I would pay for the expedited shipping.
Shoes: Posh Boutique here
Earrings: Golden Lily here
Photo Credit: Melissa Breedlove Photography
Have a great week! Hope you are enjoying the new site. Lots of new content to share!